Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Why Should I Hire a Millburn-Short Hills Real Estate Agent?

In my many years of working in the Millburn-Short Hills real estate market, I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard the words, “But why would I hire an agent? I can do it myself.” Many people think that they know enough about the local market and the ins and outs of a real estate transaction to list and sell their homes themselves. As a seasoned Millburn-Short Hills real estate agent, I can honestly tell you that while several people have managed to sell a home on their own, many people ultimately regret not using an agent to do so after the transaction is over.

There are several reasons that you should probably hire an agent when you decide to put your Millburn-Short Hills home for sale on the market, and I just thought that I’d outline a few of them:

•    Listing a home on your own is a hassle. The constant phone calls. The showing appointments. The back and forth that can ensue with a potential buyer. When you already have a full-time job, kids and other responsibilities to worry about, having to successfully market, show, negotiate and sell your home is not on the top of your to-do list. When you hire a Millburn-Short Hills real estate agent, you have a professional who wants to take this burden on for you, and they will make it a top priority.

•    How much do you REALLY know about each transaction? Sure, the logistics might not be that hard to figure out, but there are a lot of intricacies and complicated issues that can arise in even the most simple of real estate transactions. When you hire a professional to sell your house for you, it becomes easier to avoid these complications. Your Millburn-Short Hills real estate agent will deal with every little detail, leaving you free of hassle and stress.

•    A professional stays on top of current trends. Did you know that for many Millburn-Short Hills homebuyers, energy-efficient appliances and green upgrades are a hot commodity? Unless you were a practicing real estate agent or somebody who has recently bought or sold a home, you may not have been aware of this emerging trend in the market. Your real estate agent will give you the information that you need about what home buyers want. This will give you an edge over the competition, and you’ll get more value added to your home.

•    Without a Millburn-Short Hills real estate agent, you may not have anyone looking out for your best interest. No matter how experienced you are with selling homes, there is no way to stay on top of all the changes that the market can face unless you sell homes for a living. If you’re not constantly aware of the changes in the market and housing laws, then you could make a costly mistake that could end up in you being fined or getting a bad deal for your home. If you hire the right real estate agent, then you will always have someone on your side that is looking out for your best interest, and the best part is that they’re aware of what’s happening in the world of housing right now, so they’ll know how to navigate your transaction.

Whenever I hear anyone questioning the value of hiring a Millburn-Short Hills real estate agent, I always point out the benefits listed above. If you can find someone who is willing to take on the stress and hassle of marketing and listing your home for you, then why would you want to do it yourself? If you ever have any questions about what I can do for you, please don’t hesitate to contact me! I love letting people know about all of the different ways that I can help them navigate the Millburn-Short Hills real estate market. I hope to hear from you soon!


Elaine Pruzon
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
Visit My Website
See My Listings
Become My Fan on Facebook
Follow Me on Twitter
Add Me to Your Circle
Contact Me

No comments:

Post a Comment