Wednesday, November 14, 2012
7 Steps to Home Ownership in Millburn-Short Hills NJ!
Millburn-Short Hills, NJ home. Mortgage interest rates are low and home prices are reasonable, while rents continue to increase. Home ownership with a fixed-rate mortgage is your best defense against rising housing costs!
Yet for too many would-be home buyers, buying a home seems overwhelming. It's a big decision and it involves being financially prepared. I want you to know that home ownership in Millburn-Short Hills and Summit, NJ is attainable, and I've put together these 7 steps to help you!
1. Choose the type of home you want. Condo? Single-family home? If you enjoy the convenience of apartment living, but want the benefits of ownership and the tax breaks, you might prefer a condo. Think long-term about your family needs and the room you'll require.
2. Know where you want to be. This is a combination of lifestyle and necessity. Is being close to your child's school important? Do you need a shorter commute? Do you spend more free time shopping, dining out, or at the park?
3. Prioritize. Narrow down the "want" list to what you truly need - and be willing to consider fewer amenities, if necessary, in order to find an affordable home in your preferred location.
4. Prepare your credit. Pull a free copy of your credit history from AnnualCreditReport.com. Get your credit score from MyFico.com. Contact the reporting agencies about any errors or discrepancies.
5. Prepare your down payment. You may be able to qualify for an FHA mortgage with as little as 5% down! If you have nothing put aside yet, start a practical budget that includes regular contributions to savings.
6. Talk to a mortgage lender about your financing options, and fine-tune your home ownership plans.
7. Work with me! As a real estate professional with over 18 years of experience, I can help you succeed with your home ownership goals!
Contact me today, and let me help you with your home buying goals!
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
Visit My Website
See My Listings
Become My Fan on Facebook
Follow Me on Twitter
Add Me to Your Circle