selling your Millburn-Short Hills or Summit, NJ home is one of your goals for 2013, I can help! In fact, I have 5 tips for attracting home buyer attention that you can put to use right away. I'll get to those in a moment!
First, I want to let you know that before you spend money on home updates, you should obtain a comparative market analysis to find out your home's price range in today's market.
You should also obtain a net sheet that estimates your proceeds after expenses are subtracted from the sale. This is all part of a listing presentation, which I offer for free, and with no obligations.
Even if you are not ready to sell this instant, getting this data now helps you make wise decisions about where to spend money on updates - or if you should spend money at all. Having some idea of your home's competitive position on the market gives you a starting point. When you are ready to sell, we will update the CMA and the net sheet before you determine a listing price.
Whether you are thinking of selling or your home is already on the market, here are some inexpensive ways you can draw home buyer attention!
1. Look at your home objectively. Take exterior and interior photos, and imagine a buyer looking at these photos online. What stands out, for better or worse? If you see clutter, garbage cans and overgrown shrubs, start by removing these negative impressions.
2. Exterior details are the first thing your buyer will notice. Look at your exterior lighting, mailbox, house number, front door, welcome mat, ect. They should be in good condition and be attractive accents. A handsome front door with gleaming hardware makes a great statement. Worn-out storm doors should be replaced.
3. Kitchen updates provide the most return for the money. You can make simple changes to update the appearance, such as painting cabinets and drawers and installing new handles. De-clutter counter tops and cabinets. Over-stocked kitchens look smaller than they really are.
4. Make room in your closets and storage areas so that buyers can see open space. If you're full to the brim, buyers may assume your home lacks adequate storage space. You may need to store some belongings at the home of a friend or relative, or temporarily rent a storage unit.
5. Add interior details for color, vibrancy and a sense of "new." Seasonal, silk floral arrangements or fresh flowers brighten any table. Set the dining room table as if welcoming guests. Each room should have a focal point, and you can flip through home decor magazines for great ideas. Display new guest towels in washrooms, add new accent rugs to the floor.
These are just a few ideas to get you started. I will be happy to provide suggestions specific to your home!
As your Millburn-Short Hills real estate professional, I will provide
the expert guidance you need for a successful home sale. Real estate is a
four-season business - I can help you sell your home in Essex and Union County any time of year, in any
Contact me today, and let my 18 years of experience be your market advantage!
Banker Residential Brokerage
Visit My Website
Become My Fan on
Follow Me on Twitter
Add Me to Your Circle