Thursday, May 2, 2013
5 Tips for Choosing Your New Neighborhood!
buying a home in New Jersey, selecting your new neighborhood is as important as choosing the house!
To make the process easier, I have some tips to share from Relocation.com, along with some advice of my own:
1. Observe the neighborhood during different times of the day and night. Take a look at the traffic. Some residential streets will be busier than others. Listen to the noise levels. Pay attention to how well homes are kept up. Watching the day-to-day activity will tell you a lot about the neighborhood comfort level.
2. Check the reputation of the local schools. Even if you do not have children, the perception of local school quality affects the desirability of the neighborhood - and therefore affects resale value. I have information for Millburn-Short Hills, Livingston and Summit schools - just ask!
3. Look for local amenities that match your lifestyle. Do you dine out frequently? Are you an avid shopper? Or do you prefer to spend time outdoors at local parks? Do you need a dog-friendly neighborhood? Also keep neighborhood homeowner associations in mind, and check the restrictive covenants. I can help you with obtaining this information.
4. Look into area crime rates. There are no crime-free utopias in this day and age, but it pays to be aware of crime statistics and know what goes on. There is a host of online information available, through registered offender sites and other crime trackers. You can also find dispatch reports in hometown newspapers.
5. Find out the distance to medical care and other everyday living concerns. How far is it to the nearest clinic and pharmacy? Is there a grocery store, bank and post office nearby? Also consider the distance to fire protection and police services.
These are just a few ideas to get you started! When you are looking for the ideal Millburn-Short Hills or Summit home and neighborhood, I will be your guide to the market! I have the latest information about home prices, neighborhoods, schools and more - everything to help you find the best home for your needs!
Contact me today, and let my 18 years of experience be your home buying advantage!
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
Visit My Website
See My Listings
Become My Fan on Facebook
Follow Me on Twitter
Add Me to Your Circle