When you’re selling your Millburn-Short Hills home, it’s important that everything goes as smoothly, quickly and painless as possible. At the same time, you want the process to be successful in terms of money, closing agreements and timetables.
As a Millburn-Short Hills real estate agent, I understand what New Jersey home sellers want from their agents! Because I was recently named the top Realtor in the state of New Jersey for sales volume, I also know what it takes to successfully sell a New Jersey home.
When choosing an agent, don’t just go with the first name you find! Choose an agent that you know will get the job done. The KCM Crew recently shared five demands that home sellers should make of their real estate agent. Because I agree with all of them, I’ve created a summary here:
- Find an agent who will help you price your home correctly, right from the start. Many agents will agree to your desired listing price and then hit you with a price correction later. Data shows that your home will sell more quickly if priced correctly right away. Selling to the buyer isn’t the only job, either. The appraisal by the bank has to agree with the price, too.
- Find an agent who understands your personal needs and timetable. Why are you deciding to sell your New Jersey home right now? Is it because you found another home to move into? Is it to downsize or move up, or to relocate for a job? Your agent should do whatever she can to ensure that you move by the date you need to move by. (This isn’t always possible, but don’t accept a lack of effort on the agent’s part!)
- Find an agent that takes many challenges off your plate. There is a lot involved in the home-selling process. Your agent should be able to help you with much of it, such as researching homes in the area similar to yours, listing your home online, getting potential homebuyers over for showings and open houses, negotiating and getting all the paperwork together.
- Find an agent that can help with you relocation. Chances are, if you’re moving out of your current home, you’re relocating to a new home. Your agent should be able to help your coordinate your closing so that you can close on your current home and move into your new residence immediately. You don’t want to be caught without a roof over your head!
- Find an agent who can get your house sold. That is the purpose of you going through the process of selling, right? Your agent should be straightforward and more concerned with your home sale than your feelings. If something needs to be done, like a price change or a repair, you need an agent who will come right out and tell you. No beating around the bush when it comes to selling a home!
Like I said, I was named New Jersey’s top Realtor for sales volume, so you know you’re getting a trusted New Jersey real estate agent when you work with me. You can also check out my testimonials. When you’re ready to sell your Millburn-Short Hills home, contact me!
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
Visit My Website
See My Listings
Become My Fan on Facebook
Follow Me on Twitter
Add Me to Your Circle